GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Helmet ?

Go down 
+2
david m
steve f
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steve f
Norton Dominator
steve f

What Helmet ? Empty
PostSubject: What Helmet ?   What Helmet ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Gang
I am currently on the market for a flip front bucket for my skull . ( apparently I have a medium sized head ) . OOPS ! I might have opened the flood gates for some abuse with that statement .
Do any of you experts have any ideas which is good or bad or indeed any recommendations ? scratch scratch

Thanks

Back to top Go down
david m
Ariel Arrow
david m

What Helmet ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Helmet ?   What Helmet ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:21 pm

Improve your health and stop smoking and you want need one lol!

Dave

Back to top Go down
Richard Schofield
Norton ES2
Richard Schofield

What Helmet ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Helmet ?   What Helmet ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 4:01 am

See this thread ref helmets for a start

http://grampian-gmc.heavenforum.org/general-chat-f7/schuberth-c3-pinlock-t308.htm

For me i love my Shoei but dont think they do a open face one.
What fits you best and is comfy would be my tip.

Take care
Richard
Back to top Go down
david m
Ariel Arrow
david m

What Helmet ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Helmet ?   What Helmet ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:42 am

Shoei do the flip up Multitec lid which in a medium is a slightly larger fit than the medium full face lids so you would just have to try them and see if they fit.
Shoei
I think Sticky used those lids when he used to get paid to play with the traffic. lol!

Dave
Back to top Go down
Keith H
Ariel Arrow
Keith H

What Helmet ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Helmet ?   What Helmet ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:37 pm

Police never used flip ups when I was there - some forces had problems with shell/hinge area cracking. We stuck to full face - a lot quieter.

New BMW System 5 appears to be very good helmet - have used both S3 and S4 in the past and liked them both. Very quiet, designed by BMW but manufacturer by Schuberth. At around £350, good buy, with flip down sun visor etc. For radio use, I have stuck to full face.
Back to top Go down
Col
Ariel Arrow
Col

What Helmet ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Helmet ?   What Helmet ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:11 am

BMW System 5's getting very hard to find, they've been replaced by system 6 in 2009, supposed to be lighter, quieter etc etc. Still around £400 though.

Shoei Multitec get a good write up and can be found for £250 online. Arai Viper GT's still seem to be popular too, although it is an older design.

I suppose it all depends on what fits your head and what you like...and the depth of your pockets.
Back to top Go down
Allan Geering
Ariel Arrow
Allan Geering

What Helmet ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Helmet ?   What Helmet ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 am

I believe Bob Reid picked up a BMW System 6 from BMW Clarks in Dundee for around £ 300 (I think plain colours are cheaper) with the club discount.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rorakennels.co.uk
Sponsored content

What Helmet ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Helmet ?   What Helmet ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Helmet ?
Page 1 of 1