GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Contact lenses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
haremoss
Yamaha FS1E
haremoss

Contact lenses Empty
PostSubject: Contact lenses   Contact lenses Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Can contact lenses be used successfully whilst riding, have been told they are not comfortable due to the pressure caused on your face by the helmet. I dont seem to be able to keep my glasses in place, and always have to stop and adjust them to keep them right. advice please! keith. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
missile
BSA Gold Star
missile

Contact lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contact lenses   Contact lenses Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 pm

I have used soft contacts on the bike. You need to remember to blink more frequently to stop them drying out.

I don't see how wearing a helmet will cause pressure on your eyes? Unless your helmet is so tight it is squeezing your F....G head. affraid
Back to top Go down
Richard Schofield
Norton ES2
Richard Schofield

Contact lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contact lenses   Contact lenses Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:19 am

If you have a helmet that fits correctly you should not have a problem with wearing your specs.I wear my specs all the time with either of my two helmets and they never need adjusted. I know various people that also wear contact lenses or glasses with no problems.

Take care
Richard
Back to top Go down
jetexpert
Honda CB90
jetexpert

Contact lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contact lenses   Contact lenses Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:23 am

Richard

i wear lenes all the time with no issues what so ever with visor up or down makes no difference and you can swim with them?
Back to top Go down
Keith H
Ariel Arrow
Keith H

Contact lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contact lenses   Contact lenses Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Contact lens wearer for many years since taking glasses off to avoid mashed face in fight meant I couldn't see who to
arrest!! Shocked Who said never hit folks wearing glasses? or was it only cos it was me!!

Travelled thousands of miles, in all weathers, including very hot trips to southern Europe. No problems. If eyes dry, carry drops.

Have no idea who told you about pressure etc. More pressure on specs legs to side of head when I do wear them!
Back to top Go down
haremoss
Yamaha FS1E
haremoss

Contact lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contact lenses   Contact lenses Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks for the advice gents. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Contact lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contact lenses   Contact lenses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contact lenses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GMC - CHAT :: General Chat-
Jump to: