GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grampian police cut backs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steve f
Norton Dominator
steve f

Grampian police cut backs Empty
PostSubject: Grampian police cut backs   Grampian police cut backs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:45 am

All

You may be aware that due to government cutbacks Grampian police like many others services are likely to be hit hard and forced to ‘streamline’ many of their departments.
One such department is likely to be Road Safety Grampian.
I am sure you will all agree that the officers involved do a fantastic job with events and programmes such as Bikesafe, Operation Zenith and the Young Drivers Competition to name but a few.

Please pass on this email to as many people you know and ask them to contact their local MP and Chief of Police urging them to reconsider such a decision.
Bearing in mind the announcement today that by 2013 we will have one police force and one fire service! So many of these departments will change anyway, that is still two years away, and we should all still be fighting to get the services we need to ensure road safety isn’t sidelined, especially when again today, yet another biker injured on our roads.

Modern day life relies heavily on transport, driver safety, pedestrian safety and general road safety isn’t something we should let slip.

Thanks & regards

Neil Warden MIAM RGCo AIRSO
Regional Co-ordinator
Region 6 (Scotland)

Back to top Go down
missile
BSA Gold Star
missile

PostSubject: Re: Grampian police cut backs   Grampian police cut backs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:16 am

deleted my comments

Last edited by missile on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Forbes
White Van Man

PostSubject: Re: Grampian police cut backs   Grampian police cut backs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:36 am

I agree Bob, these circulars only give their side of the story. The Police force might be better with only one force for Scotland. They are of course entitled to campaign because they are worried that they might lose there jobs. One thing that 's for sure, it will not save any money having one force.
Back to top Go down
missile
BSA Gold Star
missile

PostSubject: Re: Grampian police cut backs   Grampian police cut backs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:49 am

deleted my comments

Last edited by missile on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Geering
Triumph Cub

PostSubject: Re: Grampian police cut backs   Grampian police cut backs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:58 am

Whilst I agree with many of the sentiments toward unwarranted expenditure by the police force (or for that matter any of our public services) I think that Neil In his position within the IAM) was seeking support to be directed at the part of the Gampian Police Budget that is directed at road safety.
To that end maybe the public should direct their comments and opinions directly to the Chief Constable and then , in addition , to their MP who may be better able to apply pressure to maintain efforts towards road safety for us all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grampian police cut backs   Grampian police cut backs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grampian police cut backs
Page 1 of 1