GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Geering
Triumph Cub

Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ? Empty
PostSubject: Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ?   Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi guys - Has anybody else noticed that when logging onto this site the interactive panal thats runs across the top always displays content related to your previous internet searchs ?

Am I the only one and if so why ?

Is there a setting that both allows me to log-in to this site whilst not releasing my personal search information ?

I currently have my cookies set on the 3rd from top on Windows XP.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
missile
BSA Gold Star
missile

PostSubject: Re: Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ?   Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 pm

I use simple ad blocker to stop all that nonsense
Back to top Go down
Geering
Triumph Cub

PostSubject: Re: Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ?   Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 am

The Ad-Blocker would not stop the download of information from unsuspecting members though , just stop the displaying of the suggested results.

What I am asking is whether we were aware that such information was being extracted from members computers and if so why and whether we can opt out having never consciously opted in ?

I did a seach for dog training devices and previously for hotel accomodation in Irvine and both times the next time I logged-on to this forum I had specific suggestions which can only have come from an unauthorised extraction of my web-surfing information.

The point I am raising is that I am not too bothered about non-specific pop-up advert banners but , like many others , am concerned about the gathering of information in an unauthorised manner so would appreciate some investigation and feed-back on this matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ?   Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suspected trojan cookie working off GMC site ?
Page 1 of 1