GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Geering
Triumph Cub

Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating Empty
PostSubject: Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating   Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:45 am

Anybody know of a company in the NE able to offer this service ?
Back to top Go down
Col
Ariel Arrow
Col

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating   Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:17 am

Nope, only heard of Blacks Performance (do a resin based coating) or Zircotec (the plasma based coating).

I think if you did find a local lad they'd probably just send it off to them anyway....

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Geering
Triumph Cub

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating   Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks for the feed back , I have been recommended a company down south so will package them up and get them sent off over the wekend.
Cheers again
Back to top Go down
jetexpert
Honda CB90
jetexpert

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating   Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:58 am

Alan

just intrested in why you would want to coat!!

Adrian M
Back to top Go down
Geering
Triumph Cub

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating   Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:38 am

jetexpert wrote:
Alan

just intrested in why you would want to coat!!

Adrian M

Hi Adrian , finally made it home I see LOL

Ducati reduced the grade of SS used on the manifolds on the later model I now have and although it does not actually rust , it takes on the appearance of same and as I will be keeping this bike for at least as long as my previous bike I felt it worth getting it carried out.

It will stay in good condition and I also understand there is a reduction in temperature transmitted into the fairing and also a small gain in efficiency of the engine (something to do with higher exhaust gases)
This last item is probably insignificant in itself to warrant the work on a road bike but every little helps !!

See you soon
Back to top Go down
jetexpert
Honda CB90
jetexpert

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating   Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:26 am

Alan
we use ceramic coatings in gas turbines but is use as a heat barrier with tempertures circa 1400K and it does fall off if wet gets into it, i would say its not the thing for a bike ps the exhust solud be Sainless steel

Adrianm
Back to top Go down
Geering
Triumph Cub

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating   Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:15 am

"ps the exhust should be Sainless steel"

As I said , "Ducati reduced the Grade of SS used" hence the poor finish (My 02 was much better) as to its resistance to corrosion , just going by result of my investigations and other peoples recommendation.

Time will tell if it is a benefit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating   Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ceramic Exhaust Manifold Coating
Page 1 of 1