GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GMC Facebook

Go down 
+3
Keith H
steve f
Geering
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Geering
Triumph Cub

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 am

Since when did we get/need a club Facebook page ?
Back to top Go down
steve f
Norton Dominator
steve f

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:33 am

Hi
The GMC Facebook should be removed !!

When the new web site is up and running there will be no need for Facebook .

Steve f
Back to top Go down
Keith H
Ariel Arrow
Keith H

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:20 am

What's wrong with club having facebook page? Trogglodites unable to use it?! Very Happy Anything that allows members to converse cannot be a bad thing. Good for committee keeping up with current trends because younger members use FB forum all the time.
Back to top Go down
ALI B
Triumph Cub
ALI B

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 am

Yeah,younger members like ourselves Keith!
Back to top Go down
Geering
Triumph Cub

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Just another media to log-in to , subscribe to . monitor regularly , surely best to keep things in one place.
Nice and simple for people like me LOL
Anyway whatever happens its the Committe's choice love it or hate it.
Back to top Go down
david m
Ariel Arrow
david m

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 pm

The committee set up Facebook between two and three years ago to provide the members with the medium to interact socially (We are a social club). It is in addition to the forum as forums are widely used for discussion as illustrated by this entry. As Facebook is being used by the members there is obviously a demand for it. It is not compulsory to use Facebook so it is the choice of each member if they wish to use it or not as all club information regarding runs is posted on the website and emailed to every member.
Back to top Go down
FraserS
Honda CB90
FraserS

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:55 am

The Facebook 'page' was set up on 10 December 2010. At what meeting did the committee decide to do this? I have searched the minutes and have not been able to find any mention of joining Facebook. I agree with the sentiment that the Club Facebook presence is unnecessary and undesirable - if members want to interact socially they can do so on Facebook without the need for a Club 'page'. Presently there are over 200 'friends' which implies well over 100 who are not members of the Club and who would be able to post absolutely anything which would then be seen as associated with the Club; further, viewing of the 'Club' posts can be done by anyone who is a member of Facebook. There is security on the Club website which avoids the potential problems arising from the last three points. Why, at the very least, was the same level of security not set up on Facebook?
Back to top Go down
ALI B
Triumph Cub
ALI B

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am

pharis wrote:

The entire committee has admin access to the facebook and twitter accounts.

News to me,but I do like Facebook.Committee needs to sort this out!
If it was up to me only club members would be accepted as Facebook friends.
Back to top Go down
spandug
Ariel Arrow

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 pm

As a fairly regular attender of Committee meetings over the last three years, I do not recall there ever being discussion on setting up a club facebook page - and I would remember as I am a fully paid up member of the Troglodites! I do remember 2 AGMs ago that Mike Forbes raised the issue of the club using Twitter (and Facebook?) to advertise runs at short notice, there was a vote, and it got the thumbs down (as did my proposal for club sponsered IAM training).

Nevertheless, since then, Facebook has appeared - I do not know what's on it but I do see that the club forum is not being used to the extent it was.

As we have an AGM coming up, I would like to ask the committee, as an agenda item at the AGM, to justify the need for a club facebook page as well as the club forum. Furthermore, who will be responsible for administration, what the rules are, who is allowed on it and what are the controls on content. Also, what provision is to be made for members who do not use social media to see what is on the club page as the last thing a "social club" wants is an "us and them". There can then be a vote from the membership as to whether the club maintains the club facebook page or not - and that settles it.

Ian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GMC Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMC Facebook   GMC Facebook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GMC Facebook
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GMC - CHAT :: General Chat-
Jump to: