GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kawasaki 1400 GTR Safety Recall

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phil Littler
Norton Dominator
Phil Littler

Kawasaki 1400 GTR Safety Recall Empty
PostSubject: Kawasaki 1400 GTR Safety Recall   Kawasaki 1400 GTR Safety Recall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:30 am

Just had a letter from Kawasaki about a safety recall on the GTR - for the minority of GTR owners in the club. If you haven't had a letter yet it's something about the rear brake pedal. Apparently it's possible for a small stone or pebble to be lodged between the pivot which could make it difficult to disengage the rear brake!

On a slightly different note I contacted Shirlaw's to arrange the recall and have the bike serviced. They've got a free pick up and delivery for services this winter so I asked if they could pick the bike up from Oldmeldrum. Someone rang me back a couple of days later to confirm my details. I explained that the bike was in the garage and Wendy was in all day during the week. I just realised while I was typing this that the buggers haven't been for the bike yet and it's Friday night! OOOOH!
Back to top Go down
http://www.grampianmotorcycleclub.co.uk/
Richard Schofield
Norton ES2
Richard Schofield

Kawasaki 1400 GTR Safety Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki 1400 GTR Safety Recall   Kawasaki 1400 GTR Safety Recall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:55 am

Phil Littler wrote:
Just had a letter from Kawasaki about a safety recall on the GTR - for the minority of GTR owners in the club. If you haven't had a letter yet it's something about the rear brake pedal. Apparently it's possible for a small stone or pebble to be lodged between the pivot which could make it difficult to disengage the rear brake!

On a slightly different note I contacted Shirlaw's to arrange the recall and have the bike serviced. They've got a free pick up and delivery for services this winter so I asked if they could pick the bike up from Oldmeldrum. Someone rang me back a couple of days later to confirm my details. I explained that the bike was in the garage and Wendy was in all day during the week. I just realised while I was typing this that the buggers haven't been for the bike yet and it's Friday night! OOOOH!

Should have bought a Busa Laughing Take care .
Back to top Go down

Kawasaki 1400 GTR Safety Recall
Page 1 of 1