GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cargol Turn and Go kit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phil Littler
Norton Dominator
Phil Littler

Cargol Turn and Go kit Empty
PostSubject: Cargol Turn and Go kit   Cargol Turn and Go kit Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:03 am

I'm planning to run an article in the next newsletter about this but for those on the forum who can't wait here's a few links about it:

Manufacturer is GRYYP

Some Suppliers

EBAY

World Of Power

There's also a link on the Website about this if I'm not mistaken
Back to top Go down
http://www.grampianmotorcycleclub.co.uk/
Phil Littler
Norton Dominator
Phil Littler

PostSubject: Re: Cargol Turn and Go kit   Cargol Turn and Go kit Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:08 pm

The Turn and Go website sites two case studies where the tyre has gone on to do many 1000s of Km and they say there's no speed limit - Now that's a kit I gotta get cheers
Back to top Go down
Geering
Triumph Cub

PostSubject: Re: Cargol Turn and Go kit   Cargol Turn and Go kit Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:08 am

Most , if not all , of these kits are meant only as tempory fixes (get u home) because they are inserted from the outside the potential is there for them to come loose and be thrown out , particularly if fitted poorly (an lets face it not everyone is good at these things !). A restricted speed would always be wise for the same reason.

Some tyre companies do not even suggest that their tyres can be repaired at all.

Michelin do allow a professional , vulcanised , internal repair depending on its size , position and provided the interior of the tyre has been checked and no other damage has been found.
(Another reason not to just carry on riding with this type of repair).

At the end of the day admittedly its personal choice but some common sense has to be applied to avoid unnecessary risk to oneself and others.
Back to top Go down
Geering
Triumph Cub

PostSubject: Re: Cargol Turn and Go kit   Cargol Turn and Go kit Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:23 am

One important tip I forgot for those with centre stands.
If you believe you have a puncture whilst alone , as soon as you stop , make sure you put the bike on it (the centre stand) as you may have a problem if you wait due to the lower height stopping the stand getting under the bike.
Back to top Go down
Phil Littler
Norton Dominator
Phil Littler

PostSubject: Re: Cargol Turn and Go kit   Cargol Turn and Go kit Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:03 am

All joking aside I'm certain that as Alan says here these things are really only temporary repairs. I for one wouldn't feel safe riding on a roadside repaired tyre any longer than is necessary and would definitely reduce the speed f the bike until I'd either had it repaired professionally or replaced the tyre.
Despite the claims of the Cargol system I can't see how it would be possible to pretend the tyre was as good as new again and ride at normal road speeds.

I'll be putting all this together for next month's Newsletter so thanks for the contributions and keep em coming
Back to top Go down
spandug
Ariel Arrow

PostSubject: Re: Cargol Turn and Go kit   Cargol Turn and Go kit Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:36 am

I find that Sillets should say a temporary plug should last the life of a tyre without inspection as advised by the plug manufacturer incredible. The instructions on the "Stop and Go" tyre plugger state that the repair is emergency only and that "The tyre must not be run more than 100 miles at speeds no greater than 50 mph until the tyre is dismounted, inspected and permanently repaired or replaced."

As a rider, one may chose to take the risk of running knowing there is a temporary repair on such safety critical equipment, but to sell a machine with this condition is, in my view, not on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cargol Turn and Go kit   Cargol Turn and Go kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cargol Turn and Go kit
Page 1 of 1