GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UCAN Memorial Run

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
David H
BSA Bantam
David H

UCAN Memorial Run Empty
PostSubject: UCAN Memorial Run   UCAN Memorial Run Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Posting this on behalf of my mate Steve, not sure how many of you know about this but if your on facebook look for the event for updates. I have already added members who are on my account.

Hi there folks , a very close friend of mine has asked me to help organise this run (along with help from other great friends) for him

SUNDAY 9th September will be the day of the UCAN memorial run , this event is being held not only to try and raise much needed funds for UCAN and raise awareness of urological cancers but to remember 2 great people who were dear to the hearts of many people on this site and in life in general , Chris Norton and John Alexander , I only had the pleasure of meeting Chris once but I thought he was a great guy and I enjoyed the 2 UCAN trophy runs I attended , John was a friend of mine and many others on here and I'm sure all that knew him will agree he had a heart of gold an was a top bloke too , both of these great guys were taken from us last year so this run was thought as a great way to remember their lives

The route for this is simple (some may think boring tho) , we will be meeting at Duthie park at 11am on September 9th and the run will be leaving there at 12 noon for a trundle out to Linn o Dee , there has been ideas floating about regarding a raffle and BBQ to be held at Linn o Dee but nothing definite has been decided yet , any donations you kind folk may want to give UCAN to help them will be gratefully received tho

Posters and flyers promoting this event will hopefully be done soon too

I hope this event will be of interest to some of you on here as I and others think this could be a great day out

Thank you for reading this

Steve
Back to top Go down
Geering
Triumph Cub

UCAN Memorial Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCAN Memorial Run   UCAN Memorial Run Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:34 am

I thought this was an official GMC run ?
Back to top Go down
David H
BSA Bantam
David H

UCAN Memorial Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCAN Memorial Run   UCAN Memorial Run Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:10 pm

No its to raise money for UCAN and for remembrence of Chris and John, but like the past runs I am sure the GMC will make the usual great turn out. And as far as I'm aware lots of bike clubs and forums in the area have been notified so lets hope for a great turnout.
Back to top Go down
Richard Schofield
Norton ES2
Richard Schofield

UCAN Memorial Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCAN Memorial Run   UCAN Memorial Run Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:54 pm

David i have already PM,d Alan to explain .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UCAN Memorial Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCAN Memorial Run   UCAN Memorial Run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UCAN Memorial Run
Page 1 of 1