GMC - CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GMC - CHAT

Communication Forum for club members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nec bike show

Go down 
+2
Mike Forbes
JOHN ALEX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JOHN ALEX
Norton ES2

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm

Weather for nov supposed to be quite mild so I've decided to go on the bike , leave early sat morning and stay sat night ,
john
Back to top Go down
Mike Forbes
White Van Man

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: N E C   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:30 am

Nomie and I are due to go there on Thursday but have cancelled the hotel, it's a bit silly driving in this weather and the forecast is bad all over for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sanchia
Triumph Cub
Sanchia

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:42 am

JOHN ALEX wrote:
Weather for nov supposed to be quite mild

Doi!! scratch
Back to top Go down
JOHN ALEX
Norton ES2

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:59 pm

That's crap isn't it , I haven't done much this week and did think of the train , was that not. A option ? Doesent look like it's going to get any better for the next. Few days , could do with somthin to cheer us bikers up !! Don't know wat though!!in
Un a pur od er breu
Back to top Go down
Mike Forbes
White Van Man

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: N E C   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:17 am

I think I made the right decisicion to cancel going. The weather is as bad down there and the train time tables are all to pot.

John Alex I think of you every day as I look out my window and see a roofer across the street brushing all the snow of the roof so he can work on it!
Back to top Go down
Sanchia
Triumph Cub
Sanchia

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:18 pm

I have a stable roof which just lost some slates in an avalanche if your bored
Fechin weather

Nec bike show 149507_127696987290776_100001514265657_182295_4546236_n
Back to top Go down
Sanchia
Triumph Cub
Sanchia

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 pm

I just orderd some fab ice spikes (crampons) cos I am so sick of trudging around on the ice. I'm going to build a dog/horse sled this weekend and get soem of these critters earning their keep. Any clever boys know how you can put a braking system on a sledge?? Something along these lines only it wont be quite so pretty I suspect

Nec bike show Dashersleds
Back to top Go down
steve f
Norton Dominator
steve f

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:10 am

Sanchia !
When i was young or should I say younger ? I just used my feet for the braking system .

I thought you just liked to go fast and didn't use brakes anyway LOL LOL !

Happy sledging

Steve f

P.S Can you make one for me too ??
Back to top Go down
Sanchia
Triumph Cub
Sanchia

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:30 pm

I want brakes when the power is via an animal with a mind and agenda of its own.

Hows about a club sledging competition????? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JOHN ALEX
Norton ES2

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:42 am

I've been brushing off the snow as well , need to get somethin done , I'm not good at ratlin round de ouse
I will easy look At your slates sanchia , think that's the last of the snow for a while , ( hopefully ) pale confused pale
Back to top Go down
Keith H
Ariel Arrow
Keith H

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:13 pm

steve f wrote:
When i was young or should I say younger ? I just used my feet for the braking system .

Were you Fred or Barney......?
Back to top Go down
steve f
Norton Dominator
steve f

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Keith H wrote:
steve f wrote:

Were you Fred or Barney......?

W IIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLMAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Col
Ariel Arrow
Col

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Sanchia wrote:
Any clever boys know how you can put a braking system on a sledge??

I used to build wooden trolleys for the steep hills by our house when I was a kid ( my dad used to go spare as we kept nicking his lawnmower wheels). Ffor brakes we used a piece of wood bolted onto the side of the chassis, pull it like a lever and the base scraped on the ground. If that failed then we added feet, if that still wasn't enough then a sharp turn to one side caused it to highside & a short but painful slide on the concrete saved you from careering across the busy junction at the bottom of the hill.

Brilliant fun as I recall...Anyhoo, the same principle should give you some braking.

Dog sleds use a hook & bar system, two hooks are joined by a flat bar just before the curve of the hook (you could use L-shaped steel) and they are then fixed to the rear of the sledge, you stand on the bar to dig the hooks in.
Back to top Go down
Sanchia
Triumph Cub
Sanchia

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Cool. Think it makes sense lol.
Still haven't built it yet Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nec bike show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nec bike show   Nec bike show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nec bike show
Page 1 of 1